Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Wreath for All Seasons

I saw several initial wreaths on Pinterest that inspired me to make one of my own.  Some of the wreaths I saw were selling for quite a bit of money on Etsy sites.  There really wasn't that much to them.  I decided to give it a go myself.  I had a grapevine wreath I had found at Dollar Tree, a wooden letter H that I bought at Hobby Lobby for 40% off thanks to my handy cell phone coupon app, and some fabric daisies that I thought would be nice for June.  I painted the H a cream color, wired it on, and stuck the daisies through the wreath.



I was pretty happy with the results especially since I got the job done for under $10. Then it occurred to me, I could keep changing this throughout the year.  I bought another H, painted it red, and found some red, white, and blue roses for July.  Total price for the changes - about $6.




Next up was August.  At my house, it's all about sunflowers in August.  This was a simple re-do.  I used the same letter from June and bought one of these huge burlap sunflowers for about $4.



With September came apples...same red letter from July and some plastic apples on the branch.
 

 
 

For October, I was thinking plastic pumpkins, but I ran across some fabric flowers at Dollar Tree that I really liked.  I had never thought about how nice purple is with orange, but I really like the way this turned out.  I went with these fall flowers instead and painted over the cream H with some orange craft paint I already had.  Total cost for the revamp - $3.




I may or may not change the wreath for November.  A lot of my October decorations for my house also work for November.  I have some pumpkins I switch out with turkeys and pilgrims.  This version would be fine for November, but I may find something I like better.  Another plus with this system is that I don't have to find storage for five (so far) different wreaths!  I have a box that I'm keeping all the monthly doodads in.  Next year, I'll just stick them back on.  Perfect!

Please take a minute to follow my blog!  I'm just getting started!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment