Saturday, August 31, 2013

Thrift Store Thursday : Open House Dress

I haven't always been a thrift shopper.  I am a recent convert.  You can read about my introduction to my thrift store on my personal blog here.   I love my new thrift store.  It's like all the best stuff at a rummage sale without all the crap and having to wake up at 5:00 A.M.   I'll be trying to share my nifty thrifty finds in my weekly feature Thrift Store Thursday.  Maybe I'll convert a few newbies out there to give it a shot.

I'm not sure why I can't get a smile I like in a photo. :/

I found this dress for $8 at the beginning of the summer on my second or third trip to my thrift store.  The brand is Spense, which they sell at Macy's among other places.  I love polka dots.  I also love that is has a kind of retro fifties vibe.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a dress like this on Mod Cloth for ten times the price I paid for it.  I've worn it to church.  It also rated high enough with me to be my Open House dress at the beginning of the school year.  Not just any dress gets to be my Open House dress.  It was surprising cool for Open House (nothing like the heat wave we've experienced this week) so I paired it with a yellow cardigan.  I also plan to wear it with a red cardigan and red flats once it gets a bit cooler out.  Can't wait for that!


Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment