Saturday, August 31, 2013

Aldi Feature: Milk and Cookies

I am so enamored of these cookies it's somewhat embarrassing.  That being said, I love to bake so finding store bought cookies that are better than my homemade cookies is not an easy task.  These do the trick.

 
I'm not sure if these are a year round item or not.  They've been there since I started shopping at Aldi in the spring.  Right now they are a "special buy" at $1.99 a box.
 
The maple cream in the middle is what makes these cookies so special.  It's rich. It's decadent. It's maple-y (?). It's plentiful.  The vanilla sandwich cookie is crunchy but not too sweet.  One or two (or three) of these is my treat on a Friday after work. The cookie is great with a cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk.
 
Speaking of milk...
 

This is a crazy good price for milk.  I used go out of my way to go to Walgreen's or CVS when milk was on sale, until I discovered it is always 10 cents cheaper at Aldi where I was already making a weekly stop. But this is an even better price than usual.  We're talking about 80 cents cheaper than it usually is at Aldi! We're big milk drinkers at my house, so you can bet I loaded up on this sale.  But wait...
"No way!" is what I literally said out loud when I saw the price for skim milk this week.  My husband and I both drink skim milk, so we actually go through more of it than the 2% the kids drink.  I bought 5 gallons of  milk this week.  The limit was 6, and I'm thinking I should have just gone ahead and hit the limit.  We have an extra refrigerator in our garage so there's not a storage problem.  So now I have ice cold milk to go along with my incredible cookies! What could be better?


Kim






1 comment:

  1. You've brought back memories with those maple cookies. Those are one of my favorites! Unfortunately, they don't sell them in New Zealand. Which is probably a good thing for my waistline.

    Cheers - Ellen
    http://thecynicalsailor.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete