Saturday, September 14, 2013

Thrift Store Thursday: Not Your Basic Black Pencil Skirt

I bought this black skirt this summer for about $6. 



There are many things I love about it.  Here are just a few:

1. The price, of course
2. It's a basic that can be worn with all kinds of things
3. It has some stretch to the waistband.  That's always a good thing.
4. The detail at the hem

As the title suggests, it's more than just basic.  It has this little pleating around the hem which makes it just a little sexy-secretary-esque (I make up words sometimes.  Just go with it.)

You can see that detail a little better here.

Even though I got it back in June, I hadn't worn it until September.  It seemed more like a fall/winter item.  I wore it to church last week.  Can you see my awesome Sofft shoes?  I wrote about those on my other blog.  You can find that here. 

I probably wouldn't have tried this skirt on in a department store because:

1. Too expensive - It would've have cost a LOOOOOOT more.
2. It wouldn't have wowed me on the hanger.  The effect is much better when you're wearing it.
3. I would have been drawn to a lot of other stuff in a department store like the things I already own.

Number three on that list is one more reason I like shopping at the thrift store.  The selection is limited, so you find yourself trying on things you normally wouldn't.  Sometimes what you're drawn to becomes all you own.  It's good to expand your horizons.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment