Saturday, September 14, 2013

Bistro Set Take Two

We bought this little bistro set four years ago.   We had a small deck area where we needed some seating. It was lime green when we bought it.  Weird, I know.  Most bistro sets like this are black.  When we got it home, I promptly asked my husband to spray paint it black because of this.  Unfortunately, that did nothing for it.  It sat on our small deck for four years and was never used. I always like the flowers on the back of the chair, though, and the price was right.   This set was about $70, if I remember correctly.

 
Sad, old bistro set
 
Fast forward four years. We now have a larger deck my husband built that attaches to the small deck area we had before.  I decided I could revive this set for more much-needed seating.  Rather than ask my husband to spray paint it again, I decided I would do it myself.  I found some bright, cheery chair cushions that were on clearance at Wal-Mart.  I decided to spray paint the table and chairs with two different colors from the cushions.  My husband looked at me like I was nuts when I told him I was going to paint the chairs a different color than the table. I reminded him that he is color blind.  Really.  Like he flunked the test with the numbers and the green and orange dots.  He came around when he saw the end result.
 
 
 
Happy, new bistro set
 
I used Krylon's Cherry Red and Blue Ocean Breeze.  I was so happy with the results and the fact that I didn't have to buy new furniture.  I love this more than anything new I would have found!
 
 
Kim
 
 
 


1 comment: